Thursday, August 21, 2008

Into the groove

So Beloved and I have slipped into a comfortable routine ... involving my leaving work on time (working all the way home in the car to assuage the guilt trip which pervades DESPITE my hours exceeding the requirement anyway) reaching home and showering the office grime away, pouring a glass of wine if its a Monday (makes contemplation of four more days til the weekend more bearable) Thursday or Friday, and working out which DVD to watch. Sounds possibly a bit dull to those who inhabit partyland, but having been a long term resident of planet partytiltheweehours, I'm kind of lovin it. Nothing like snuggling with a cool DVD and a hot Beloved. 

I've never found it easy to shift gear from work to home, relax and chill without constantly checking phone, Blackberry and laptop ... but now I'm realising that a personal life without those props is not only desirable but healthy, in all senses of the word. Yes, I do still succumb to a crafty Blackberry check before bed, and sometimes whip out the laptop just in case a Very Important Mail has landed in the inbox (almost never) but I'm getting better at managing work and play. Cutting off the physical dependency is one thing, but quitting the emotional tie of the office is something else entirely. 


No comments: