Monday, November 17, 2008

Day Five – Mehendi and sticky hands


Thursday was the day of Mehendi application – when I most uncharacteristically sat still for an entire five hours whilst henna was applied to my hands, arms and feet. It was intensely boring but after a while became strangely relaxing, with the gentle tickling of the henna being piped into elaborate swirls all over. The waiting for the mehendi to dry was the most boring part, and eventually I wiped the thick layer from my feet, ran out in bare feet, and into the Bridgette Jones parlour where I had booked my bridal facial, the first in a set of luxurious treatments which would culminate in hair and makeup for the wedding itself. Lying back whilst the henna dried into crispy swirls, whilst various unguents were applied to myface and wiped/scrubbed/polished/peeled off was a fairly surreal experience, but the facial was absolutely wonderful and left me feeling as clean as a new pin for the first time in ages.

No comments: